Day 7 EATING DAY!

If you are thinking about losing some wieght, and you are looking for a good way to do it, without starving yourself, this may be the diet for you. The book, the 4-hour body by Timothy Ferriss is my refererence source. So come along, and share your thoughts, experiences and let's get small!

Friday, December 31, 2010

day 5

I thought about blogging about this diet on day one, but I wasn't exactly sure how well it would work. It is suggested that you take a tape measurer and record your start measurements. I wish I had. My usual is to take a pair of my skinny jeans and just keep trying them on until they fit. Course I'm 58, not 24 so lord knows when I'll get back into my skinny jeans. Not even sure where they are, and they are probably out of style.
I was about a size 5, and around 110 two years ago when I caught mono. Probably off a Wal Mart shopping cart, my luck. I gained about 5 pounds a week for a while, and I'm not too sure why. Maybe because I wasn't moving around too much, but I also wasn't eating a lot, either. All that weight, right around the middle and it sucked.
After the holidays, and a few weeks of my daughter living with us, along with too many big dinners at home, I had exploded out of my fat jeans and didn't even fit into my riding pants. I ride horses, and those riding pants are pretty stretchy. Horses were starting to talk. "Have you seen how much weight she gained? Seen it? Has she SAT on you?" Even the sweat pants were getting tight, and that's when I picked up the book, The 4-hour body by Timothy Ferriss. Desparate times, people.
It's day 5 of beans, eggs, veges, tuna, chicken, water and I am ready to eat something bad. The good news, it's in the diet. Day six, you can eat as much as you want, anything you want, because it makes the diet work even better. I'll let ya know. It spikes your resting metabolic rate. That means you burn more calories just sitting there. Cool huh?
Sitting there is something I do a lot of, thanks to a snow boarder that crashed into me in 2003. Nothing against snow boarders, there are just as many idiot on skiis. My idiot just happened to be riding a snow board when he took me out, and that was the end of my 30 year skiing career. Unlucky for me, I was working so I also got to experience California work comp! Oh joy. If you live in California, I hope you have Aflac. You'll need it.
So no exercise for me. It just kills my back, and it's not worth making this worse. Most folks are pretty comfortable walking. I was more comfortable on my skiis than walking. I'm more comfortable on a horse than on my skiis, so when I found out riding helped with back pain, I was all over it. It's the only exercise I can do. I'll take it.
With most diets, it's a food depriving nightmare coupled with hours of working out and very slow results. I've done it that way. I used to work out every day, before the snow boarder came along. With the kind of weight gain I am dealing with, (about 30 pounds, and at 5'2" that's a lot) and not being able to exercise, I was feeling very hopeless. Not to mention, I'm 58. 58. Crap. When I read that this diet works, even without the exercise, I decided to give it a try.
This is day five, and I've probably lost 2 inches on my waist, and back into my fat jeans with a slight muffin top. Not a painful, Wal Mart muffin top, but I wouldn't want to wear a form fitting shirt. It's winter, it's Kansas, so I'm able to pull off a puffy vest and not stand out.
You have to eat within 1/2 hour of getting up. I can only tolerate coffee until about 10:00 a.m., so that has been the hardest part. Choking down scrambled eggs, refries and veges is...oh lord, shoot me now. 10:00 seems to be my magic hour because when 10 p.m. comes, I'm ready to hit the ice creme. Or candy. Or pie. I've the option of sugar free jello. I ate four of them last night. I now support the company, Jello and they depend on my trip to the store every week to keep them going. I'm thinking of buying stock. Or buying the company. That would be cheaper.
Today we went out for lunch to a mexican restaurant. I had refries (no cheese, no dairy allowed on this diet), guac, a couple of sliced tomatoes (you can have one serving of tomatoes a day), and water. It was heaven! No really, it was really good! I was full. It's 5 p.m. and I'm still good to go.
The thing about this diet is, you don't feel like you are starving yourself. For years, I've had issues with being either constipated or well, you know. The other one. Ever since the snow boarder. Doctor's think it's a stress related ibs. Did I mention California work comp and the end of...never mind. I'm regular for the first time since 2003. Too much info? It's important. I feel great. I don't feel as tired. I'll let you know about the 15 minute girl gasim the book promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment