Day 7 EATING DAY!

If you are thinking about losing some wieght, and you are looking for a good way to do it, without starving yourself, this may be the diet for you. The book, the 4-hour body by Timothy Ferriss is my refererence source. So come along, and share your thoughts, experiences and let's get small!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Eating day!

This is day seven, not six. Hard to keep track of time out here in the country. I know when it's Thursday because Grey's is on. Otherwise, it doesn't matter. That's why I lost track of my days and thought Friday was eating day. Friday was a difficult day, and the first day I felt like I was on a diet. I wanted to eat the banana that was sitting on the microwave, and I couldn't eat fruit. Damned banana.
Today I knew that the same rules probably applied, and I needed to eat within 1/2 hour of waking. I ate the banana, and it was as good as I imagined it would be. I had suger in my coffee and about an hour later, I ate the best white chocolate chip cookie I've ever eaten. Bliss. By noon I was dining on crispy creme waffels and using my bacon as a spoon for the extra syrup and butter.
We drove to Topeka where my daughter and I did a little shopping at Plato's closet, a name brand thrift store. They have Seven's there, people. Seven's, and they are 10 bucks. Usually when I walk into a dressing room, flouresent lights bouncing off fat rolls and the mirror reflecting exactly every ugly detail possible, I hate it. I can't even try on clothes. Can anyone tell me why they don't put in tilted mirrors and enhanced lighting? Seriously. The good news, today something shifted. Today when I looked in the mirror, I didn't see the fat, I saw the possiblities. I had hope. Next week, this same time, I'd look even better. Not perfect, not Victoria Secret model perfect, but who is? Even they aren't.
Get this. The 4-hour body books says that you can reverse life inuries. You know, those pesky injuries that stop your life and send you down the dissibility road to hell? Those. Maybe. I'll let you know. I still have to read up on the girl gasim. One thing at a time. I'm really winging it here. Taking in just what I can handle. I didn't expect to still be on this diet day seven. I didn't think it would work. I didn't expect to have hope.
We did some window shopping at the mall. Tony, my man wanted to walk. He's six foot one and 250 pounds. Yesterday he started walking. This getting in shape is catchy. Another benefit. I did stop by Candyopolis and buy movie candy. Three chocolate covered coffee beans, two mini candy bars, and one turtle. Life is good.
We decided to hit a later movie and eat dinner early at Longhorns Steak House. Lobster and shrimp dip, blt salad and deep friend ice creme and a glass of very good cab.
Most diets would consider a day like today "blowing your diet". This diet considers this day spiking your resting metabolic rate so you can burn even more calories, doing nothing, even faster. I love this diet.
I hope you'll join me for week two, day one. I'll be sure to hit Wal Mart, pick up a scale and tape so I can document a bit better. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment