Day 7 EATING DAY!

If you are thinking about losing some wieght, and you are looking for a good way to do it, without starving yourself, this may be the diet for you. The book, the 4-hour body by Timothy Ferriss is my refererence source. So come along, and share your thoughts, experiences and let's get small!

Monday, February 7, 2011

week 7, day 2

Spent a little time on the elliptical yesterday. It squeaks, so it's pretty annoying. I can only handle it for about a minute, and have to get off. Not because of the squeaking, because of the burning of my legs and my back. I really need a treadmill. It isn't so hard on my back. I lost a ton of weight, walking about 2 miles a day. This was pre back injury. I lived in the Sierra's so all the walking was either up hill or down hill. The hardest part was convincing everyone in town that I didn't need a ride somewhere. Small town, I knew everyone, and everyone would stop and ask if I was ok. "Yes, I'm exercising." "Really? Seriously?" I have the perfect walking situation now. I live in the country with miles of dirt roads to explore. Unfortuately my back will go out at any given time, and that could leave me with a 1/4 mile of walking still to do to get home. No one stops to offer you a ride because traffic is non existant.
Not able to ride my horses because the footing is sheet ice. Feb tends to bring snow, ice, and ugly cold. We all are, horses, dogs, cats, and mini donks, hunkering down and praying for spring. One more month to go. March will be better. Not warm, but better. I'll hop on the elliptical and spend as much time as I can. If I don't, I think I'm stuck at this weight.
My daughter has a kettle ball. I hear that THAT is the miracle ball to lose weight and gain muscle mass by. Can't do that but she is, and she looks great. Being 22 helps a lot.
Yesterday I discovered that black bean refries are much better than regular. Seems I'm eating the same thing all the time, so eating is not the event it was. I eat to live, not live to eat. Last night I gave a moments thought to saying, "screw it" and eating pizza. 7 weeks investment was enough motivation to not blow this. Yes, even after 7 weeks, the old habits come screaming to the surface. I have to figure out something else to do when I'm bored. Food was comfort. I got REAL comfortable! 135 pounds of comfort and cushion against bordome. I would hate to go back to that. I'd hate it more than loving to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment