Day 7 EATING DAY!

If you are thinking about losing some wieght, and you are looking for a good way to do it, without starving yourself, this may be the diet for you. The book, the 4-hour body by Timothy Ferriss is my refererence source. So come along, and share your thoughts, experiences and let's get small!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 2, week 2

Just ate breakfast and no choking. Changed salsa from Picante to Taco Bell. Guess I couldn't handle the chunks in the a.m. There is a lot of flexability with this diet, so do't be afraid figure out what works for you. I have NEVER eaten breakfast, even when I was a kid. My tummy has always felt a little funny in the morning, and eating just didn't sound good. Coffee, yes!
I have really loved my dinners, though. A little olive oil, spike, garlic, pepper, fresh spinich, beans, asparagus or broc, maybe some cauliflower and heat it up in a big skillet. It's really good. I also boil a chicken breast and then finish it off in the over with some balsamic dressing for a glaze. Lunch has been maybe some avo, some tomato, Taco Bell seasoning, refries, and a big glass of water. I don't like drinking water, so much. That's been a challenge, too.
My onlyexercise, walking up the hill to feed the horses, and back down. My man thought it was a good idea to build the tack room and shelter 10 miles away. Ok, it's not that far, but the thing is up hill about 1/8 mile. Sheesh. Oh, and those Wal Mart strolls. I ride a horse maybe 2 or 3 days a week, weather depending. It's winter in Kansas so it can go from 60 to -1 within the same week. Right now it's 16, and 8 this morning. It will warm up to low 40's, which is riding weather. Anything below 35 and I do laundry.
I just entered the actha trail competition. ACTHA is a cool organization, and I think 1/2 of what they take in goes to rescue organizaions for horses. They hold friendly trail competions for trail horses all over the country. Things like crossing creeks, closing pasture gates, jumping logs, and all kinds of other obstacles you encounter on the trail. As long as there are no cows, Gunner should be fine. My western pleasure horse is afraid of the damn things, and tends to go a bit right brained when he sees one. We are working on that. If we win the regenial, we go to Austin for the finals. Pretty cool. Not too concerned with winning, but it gives us a purpose to our work. I think competition brings out the worst in we humans, especially when we involve animals. We push them past what they can do and sacrafice their dignity and spirit for our own personal goals. I'll never push Gunner past what he is comfortable doing. Taking the time to help him have fun with this is what we'll be doing until April. Great way for me to "exercise" and lose some weight. Gives me a nice reason to get in shape, too!
If we can find some kind of PURPOSE to it all, that's what makes it all so sweet. At least for me, anyway.
When I was a skier, I was bored on the bottom of the mountian. It's why I started ski racing, although I think I sucked. What I loved was skiing steeps. That was my passion, and that was what motivated me to head up the hill and play. Hoping this actha competion will motivate me to get out there and play with my horse. Not that I don't, but now I'm excited to get out there and I have an idea of how to play to help him learn!
Ok, dinner was homemade chili. No cheese, no sour creme, but I'm full and happy. Usual jello for dessert. I FEEL better. More awake, more energy, more exuberance! That transfers right to everyone in your life, did you know? You put off the happy vibe, people and animals catch it. The whole energy around your changes and that changes everything. Puts a whole new meaning to the saying "life style change".

No comments:

Post a Comment